Bush Fire Assess BMO
BUSH FIRE ASSESSMENTS BAL
BUSH FIRE MANAGEMENT OVERLAY STATMENTS BMO
Servicing Melbourne Metropolitan and all through out Country Victoria,
with approved Bushfire Attack Level reports BAL and Bushfire Management Overlay including plan BMO.
On site consultation and advice for reducing B.A.L. levels.
New Bushfire Regulations
The Building Amendment (Bushfire Construction) Regulations 2011 commenced on 8th September 2011 and replace the interim regulations that were put in place by the State Government following the Black Saturday fires. this was followed on 9th September 2011 by the release of new maps identifying areas of bushfire risk for the State of Victoria. The new building regulations incorporate the following features:
- The removal of the declaration of the whole of the State of Victoria as bushfire prone.
- Makes permanent the requirement for the relevant building surveyor to accept a Bushfire Attack Level (BAL) specified in a Planning Scheme or a BAL that has been determined in a site assessment as part of a planning permit application.
- Imposes a minimum construction standard of BAL - 12.5 for all buildings constructed in a bushfire prone area - even if the BAL is determined as LOW.
- Requires Council to provide details of a BAL that has been specified in a planning scheme.
New Planning Bushfire Provisions
On 18th November 2011 the following bushfire planning provisions were introduced to the Victorian Planning Provisions by Amendment VC83:
State planning policy (clause 13.05) - Bushfire
- Bushfire Management Overlay (BMO) (Clause 44.06)
- Bushfire protection: planning requirements (Clause 52.47)
- Bushfire protection: exemptions (Clause 52.48)
- Consequential changes to various overlays that seek to manage vegetations and to Clauses 52.16, 52.17, 65, 66 and 72